***New Intensive 4 Week Course Commencing Monday 8th July 2013***
The Mardyke will host 4 weeks of Intensive Swim Lessons for Children. Intensive courses are a wonderful way of fast-tracking a child’s development and provide a healthy structured activity for them during the Summer holidays. Give your child the opportunity to interact with other children and learn to swim and have fun at the same time. Swimming helps children improve their motor skills, confidence levels and most importantly it could save their lives.
There are many reasons why you should enrol your child in our Summer Intensive Course:
- Every class will be taught by two instructors. The class will be led by a Swim Ireland Level 2 qualified instructor who will be assisted by a Swim Ireland Level 1 qualified instructor.
- The pupil/teacher ratio is kept low to ensure that each pupil gets individual attention.
- Research shows that children make huge progress over a short time attending daily.
- Lane Swim and Lifesaving Courses are open to children up to 15 year of age. The intensive courses give children who have already achieved a certain ability an opportunity to perfect their skills and master new lifesaving skills.
- Intensive courses motivate children to learn quickly.
- Intensive courses are a great form of exercise over the Summer months.
Children who have not participated on out Swim Course since November 2012 will be required to attend an assessment before booking. Please contact reception for details how to arrange and assessment.
The levels specified below refer to our 12 week swim programme.
- Beginner Class (Level 1 & Level 2) will be to gain confidence, by playing games and learning basic Fundamentals including hopping, bobbing, floating, breath control, basic safety rules etc. in order to make the water their friend. This group will take place in our learner pool.
- Improver Class (Level 3) Children will further work on these skills, gliding, streamlining, sculling, sitting dives and learning to retrieve objects from the ground with plenty of fun and games. This group will take place in the shallow end of the main pool.
- Deep End / Advanced (Level 4 & Level 5) The deep-end group will work on stroke development, treading water, breath control, straddle jumps etc again having great fun, learning through play. The children will work on developing a greater sense of self-safety by understanding their own limits.
- Lane Swim (Completed Level 5) Lane swim group will continue to develop and refine the four strokes, Butterfly, backstroke, breastroke and frontcrawl, whiled continuing to build strength, stamina and endurance. Diving, somersaults, timing, relay races etc will all be a part of this session.
- Lifesaving (Completed Lane Swim)
Places are limited on and available on a first come first serve basis.
Members / UCC Staff* €55
Non Members €65
*Must present a valid UCC Staff card.
Enrolment Now Open