Here at the arena clinic we are delighted to offer small Pilates classes led by our chartered physiotherapists.
Physiotherapy led Pilates classes are specifically tailored for those who are prone to neck or low back pain and those who wish to prevent the onset of back or neck pain. Research supports the use of Pilates exercise in the treatment of acute and chronic back and neck pain.
The main theme of the class is maintaining a central core of stability in the region around the lower back, pelvis, neck and shoulders.
Our Chartered Physiotherapists are experienced in dealing with people who suffer with back and neck pain. Attending physiotherapy led Pilates classes means that you will also be gaining from the knowledge of our physiotherapists who have vast clinical knowledge.
Our physiotherapists can tailor the rehabilitation exercises to you.
Aims of Physiotherapy led Pilates Classes
- Improve posture and body awareness.
- Improve flexibility, co-ordination and balance.
- Develop strength and endurance of the core abdominal muscles and hip stability muscles.
- Improve breathing pattern and aid relaxation.
Upcoming Course Start Dates
|Course Start Dates||Enrollment Opens|
|9th, 10th & 12th January 2017||Now Open|
|20th, 21st & 23rd February 2017||30th January 2017|
|3rd, 4th & 6th April 2017||13th March 2017|
|15th, 16th & 18th May 2017||24th April 2017|
|26th, 27th & 29th June 2017||5th June 2017|
|7th, 8th, & 10th August 2017||17th July 2017|
|18th, 19th & 21st September 2017||28th August 2017|
- Advanced Clinical Pilates – Monday's: 18:00 – 19:00
- Beginner Clinical Pilates – Tuesday's: 17:30 – 18:30
- Improver Clinical Pilates – Thursday's: 17:00 – 18:00
- €90 Mardyke Members/UCC Staff/UCC Students
- €110 Non-Members
All courses will run for 6 weeks. No class will take place on a Bank Holiday Monday.
Limited spaces available.
Call the arena clinic on 021 490 4760 to book your place.