Childrens Swimming Lessons
As it currently stands, we are waiting on guidance from the swimming authorities and putting plans in place regarding reopening. We will not open or begin any of our programmes until we are entirely satisfied that we can do so in a way that is safe for all involved.
We will contact all swim lesson members as soon as we have this in place and will also update both our website and social media platforms as soon as we are in a position to do so.
We appreciate your patience at this uncertain time and thank you for your support.
Wishing you and your family well.
The Mardyke Arena UCC will host Swim Lessons for Children throughout the year.
Childrens Swimming Lessons are a wonderful way of fast-tracking a child’s development and provide a healthy structured activity for them.
Give your child the opportunity to interact with other children, learn to swim and have fun at the same time. Swimming helps children improve their motor skills, confidence levels and most importantly it could save their lives.
Our courses will further develop the skills children have already acquired and assist in refining technique to make swimming less of a challenge and more of an enjoyable experience.
- Monday - Friday between 3:30pm to 5:30pm
- Saturdays between 09:30am and 2:00pm.
Why enroll your child in our Courses?
- Every class will will be led by a Swim Ireland Level 2 qualified instructor.
- The pupil/teacher ratio is kept low to ensure that each pupil gets individual attention and the instruction they need.
- Participating in an activity daily has been proven to accelerate the development and refinement of skills.
- Fast track your child’s progression and development in swimming.
Classes will last 30-35 minutes in duration.
Children who have not participated on our Swim Course since March 2019 will be required to attend a swim assessment before booking.
About Swim Assessments
- Swim Assessments are compulsory before starting lessons at the Mardyke Arena UCC.
- It is the Arena's policy to assess all children before they start lessons at the Mardyke Arena UCC and give them a suitable swim level within our programme.
- Swim Assessments only take a maximum of 10 minutes and are free of charge
All children partaking in a swim assesment are required to bring swim togs, goggles and hat with them.
For further informaton, pease contact reception on 021 490 4751.