Childrens Swimming Lessons
We hope you and your family have kept safe and well over the past few months. We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding considering the abrupt closure due to Covid 19 lockdown and unexpected interruption to our March term of swimming lessons.
We are glad to inform you that the centre re-opened on the 13th of July and we are currently offering a limited number of member only services and offerings. Significant consideration has been given to the safe resumption of the swimming lessons programme and most importantly the safety & welfare of all patrons who use the Arena services. We must adhere to the Swim Ireland protocols, as well our intensive hygiene protocols, social distancing and government guidance regarding to occupancy levels.
To facilitate social distancing and occupancy limitations, we are obliged under current protocols to reduce the occupancy in all levels and revise the scheduling of classes to ensure hygiene standards and social distancing in the pool environment. The revised changes to the Swim lessons programme are as follows:
• Lower instructor to child ratio will apply to all classes and levels.
Level 1 & 2 Max 5 Children
Level 3,4,5 Max 8 Children
• The scheduling of our classes will reduce to relieve the demands on changing facilities, ensure social distancing and accommodate intensive pool cleans. The duration of each class will increase from 35 minutes to 40 minutes.
Monday – Friday 3.30 – 4.10pm & 5.00 – 5.40pm
Saturday 9.00 – 9.40am, 9.45 – 10.20, 11.00 – 11.40 & 12.20 – 13.00
• The September term will be structured to facilitate the make up classes from the postponed March term. A total of 11 classes are owed for the Thursday, Friday and Saturday participants and 10 classes owed to the Monday, Tuesday Wednesday participants. The revised class duration from 35 to 40 minutes means that the planned September term will reduce down to 9 classes for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday participants and 10 classes for Thursday, Friday and Saturday participants.
It is our intention to commence the September course of Lesson from Monday 28th September. Please note this is dependent on government guidelines any may be subject to change.
How to transfer your child's lessons from the March term to the September 2020 term.
Parents whose children were booked on the March 2020 course of lessons may re-book their place on the new course but we must stress places are limited and will be offered on a first come first serve basis.
If you wish to partake in our new & revised programme, please confirm your expression of interest & child details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Places will be confirmed on a first come first serve basis via a confirmation email.
Please title the subject Sept Swim Lessons and include the following information:
• Child / Children's name (s)
• Requested lesson day and time for September 2020. Note revised times above.
• March 2020 booking day, time and level
What if I do not wish to partake in the September lessons or cannot get a place on the course
We understand that this revised model may not suit all parents and families and due to strict regulations it is not possible to cater for all participants on the March 2020 course. Swim parents have the option of availing of a refund in lieu of the unfulfilled lessons.
In order to apply for a refund, please email email@example.com with your
• child/children’s names,
• their date of birth,
• parent name
• BIC, IBAN and name on your account.
• Day, time and level of March booking
Can I transfer my child from March lane swim to September lane swim?
Unfortunately, we cannot facilitate a Lane Swim programme in September. We are optimistic that the lane swim lasses will resume in January 2021 and children from the March 2020 course can transfer directly onto this course of lane swim. Understandably, this maybe too late for some so parents of lane swim participants are welcome to apply for a refund as per the procedure above.