NICAS Childrens Courses
The Mardyke Arena UCC Climbing Wall will deliver NICAS Children Courses throughout the year, please see below for course start dates.
|Course Start Date||Enrollment Opens|
|8th & 9th December 2018||Booking Now Open|
|9th & 10th February 2019||28th January 2019|
|6th & 7th April 2019||25th March 2019|
|1st & 2nd June 2019||20th May 2019|
All courses run for 6 Weeks. Courses don't run on bank holiday weekends.
The Mardyke Arena UCC is now an accredited NICAS Awarding Centre delivering certified courses.
The National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme is designed to provide novice climbers with a structured and progressive programme of training & development to become competent indoor climbers.
We offer three levels:
Level 1 - Foundation Climber
An entry level aimed at novices that recognises their ability to climb safely under supervision.
Level 2 - Top Rope Climber
Aimed at promoting good practice in climbing and bouldering unsupervised on an artificial wall.
Level 3 - Technical Climber
A more advanced top roping and bouldering level that focuses on developing technique and movement skills.
Aims of the Scheme:
- To develop climbing movement skills and improve levels of ability.
- To learn climbing rope-work and how to use equipment appropriately.
- To develop risk assessment and risk management skills in the sport.
- To work as a team, communicate with, and trust a climbing partner.
- To provide a structure for development, motivation and improved performance.
- To develop an understanding of the sport, its history and future challenges.
- To provide a record of personal achievement.
- To point the way to further disciplines and challenges in climbing beyond the scheme.
- Saturdays (6 Weeks)
09:30—11:00 & 11:30—13:00
- Sundays (6 Weeks)
10:00—11:30 & 11:45—13:15
|Type||6 Week Course Rate|
Max 12 Places Per Course
To book your place please contact Reception 021 4904751