The Mardyke Arena UCC is now an accredited NICAS Awarding Centre delivering certified courses.
The National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme is designed to provide novice climbers with a structured and progressive programme of training & development to become competent indoor climbers.
We offer three levels:
- Level 1 - Foundation Climber
An entry level aimed at novices that recognises their ability to climb safely under supervision.
- Level 2 - Top Rope Climber
Aimed at promoting good practice in climbing and bouldering unsupervised on an artificial wall.
- Level 3 - Technical Climber
A more advanced top roping and bouldering level that focuses on developing technique and movement skills.
Aims of the Scheme:
- To develop climbing movement skills and improve levels of ability.
- To learn climbing rope-work and how to use equipment appropriately.
- To develop risk assessment and risk management skills in the sport.
- To work as a team, communicate with, and trust a climbing partner.
- To provide a structure for development, motivation and improved performance.
- To develop an understanding of the sport, its history and future challenges.
- To provide a record of personal achievement.
- To point the way to further disciplines and challenges in climbing beyond the scheme.
NICAS will be delivered in the following ways:
For more information on NICAS contact reception on 021 490 4751 or email andy at email@example.com