Job Opportunities at the Mardyke Arena UCC
Physiotherapist - Fixed Term (6 Month)
A Chartered Physiotherapist is required for 6 month Fixed-Term Temporary Contract (20-30 hrs a week) to provide specialist, high quality, evidence-based/current best- practice physiotherapy interventions including assessment, treatment and advice to the arena clinic patients with various neuro-musculoskeletal / sports injury / post-surgical orthopedic / rehabilitation / pain presentations at a leading Musculoskeletal Outpatient and Sports Injury Rehabilitation Clinic based in Cork City.
Currently employing 8 clinical and 1 administrative members of staff, the Arena Clinic services the clinical and rehabilitative needs of Mardyke Arena UCC Members, UCC Students, Cork City FC, as well as the general public, using the Arena’s hydrotherapy pool, ALTER-G Anti Gravity Treadmills, and on-site Gym facilities.
The Clinic also offers Physio-led Clinical Pilates Matwork and Reformer Classes, and BACR Phase 4 Cardiac Rehabilitation.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- Membership of Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists (MISCP) & CORU Registered
- Combined Professional Indemnity & Public / Products Liability Insurance to practice
- 3+ Years as an autonomous practicing chartered physiotherapist
- Demonstrable experience & competency of working in specialist areas of Musculoskeletal Outpatients, Sports Physiotherapy, Post-surgical Orthopedics, Chronic Pain Management & Rehabilitation
- Demonstrable experience & competency in the delivery of clinical exercise & Pilates classes
- Post graduate qualification & Competencies in Acupuncture / Dry Needling
- Sports Pitch side First Aid / Trauma & Taping competencies
- Demonstrable experience & track record of working in a commercial practice with the ability to generate requisite levels of repeat business from clients
- Team-player’ with multidisciplinary oriented approach
- Excellent communication (Written & Verbal)
- IT competency in use of electronic patient notes and IT-based diary management systems
Desirable Job Requirements:
- Post graduate qualification in Advanced Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy / Sport & Exercise Medicine / Sport Physiotherapy / Rehabilitation / Chronic Pain
- Post graduate qualification in Clinical Pilates
- Post graduate qualification in Hydrotherapy
To apply for this post please email your CV plus a one page summary (covering letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should provide clear evidence and examples demonstrating where you meet the criteria for the post.
Applications must be received by the closing date 28th February 2019, with interviews expected on weeks of 4th and 11th March 2019.
If you are invited to attend an interview we will contact you by email confirming the arrangements. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, we are afraid you have been unsuccessful in shortlisting for interview.