Player and Athlete Recovery Sessions
29th January 2015
The Mardyke Arena will now run Player and Athlete Recovery Sessions and the sessions will run every Monday morning from 07:00 - 08:00.
1 hour sessions incorporating;
- Trigger Point Foam Rolling
- Hydrotherapy and Contrast Water Treatment
- Mobility and Stretching Exercises
About the Sessions
- Achieving an appropriate balance between training, competition stresses and recovery is important in maximising the performance of players and athletes.
- The Mardyke Arena recovery sessions offer a range of recovery strategies to help attain this balance.
- Contrast water therapy has been found to effectively decrease post exercise lactate levels (Coffey et al. 2004; Hamlin 2007; Morton 2006; Sanders 1996).
- Foam rolling is a common form of self- myofascial release that is often used by fitness enthusiasts and athletes after a workout with a view to reducing muscle soreness and promoting quicker recovery.
- Research has proven that foam rolling significantly reduces delayed onset muscles soreness (DOMS) amongst athletes. (McDonald 2013)
- Classes are facilitated by Clinic Staff member Andrew Burns BSc MSc
- Members €5 per class
- Non Members €10 per class
Places must be pre-booked in advance and can only be reserved with payment.
Please contact the Clinic Reception on 021 4904760 to book your place.