Mardyke Arena UCC Now Delivering NICAS Children's Climbing Courses
24th August 2016
The Mardyke Arena UCC Climbing Wall will now deliver NICAS Children Courses commencing on Saturday 3rd, Sunday 4th & Thursday 8th September 2016.
The Mardyke Arena UCC is now an accredited NICAS Awarding Centre delivering certified courses.
The National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme is designed to provide novice climbers with a structured and progressive programme of training & development to become competent indoor climbers.
We offer three levels:
- Level 1 - Foundation Climber
An entry level aimed at novices that recognises their ability to climb safely under supervision.
- Level 2 - Top Rope Climber
Aimed at promoting good practice in climbing and bouldering unsupervised on an artificial wall.
- Level 3 - Technical Climber
A more advanced top roping and bouldering level that focuses on developing technique and movement skills.
Aims of the Scheme:
- To develop climbing movement skills and improve levels of ability.
- To learn climbing rope-work and how to use equipment appropriately.
- To develop risk assessment and risk management skills in the sport.
- To work as a team, communicate with, and trust a climbing partner.
- To provide a structure for development, motivation and improved performance.
- To develop an understanding of the sport, its history and future challenges.
- To provide a record of personal achievement.
- To point the way to further disciplines and challenges in climbing beyond the scheme.
Start Dates & Times:
Commencing Saturday 3rd September 2016 (6 Weeks)
- 09:30—11:00 (6 – 11yrs) & 11:30—13:00 (12 – 17yrs)
Commencing Sunday 4th September 2016 (6 Weeks)
- 10:00—11:30 (6 - 11yrs) & 11:45—13:15 (12 - 17yrs)
Commencing Thursday 8th September 2016 (6 Weeks)
- 16:00—17:00 (6 - 11yrs)
|Type||Weekend Courses (1.5 Hours)||Midweek Courses (1 Hour)|
+€6 NICAS Registration Fee
Max 12 Places Per Course
To book your place please contact Reception 021 4904751