Applications Process Now Open for the Emerging Talent Programme 2018/2019
5th September 2018
The Mardyke Arena UCC, home to some of Ireland’s most aspiring athletes, invites athletes aged 15 - 18 to apply to the 2018/2019 Emerging Talent Programme.
The programme offers those eligible a specialised vehicle to fulfil their sporting potential through access to sports science, athletic development, performance psychology, nutrition and lifestyle support.
What the Emerging Talent Programme Offers?
- Develop athletes to maximize their physical performance and to compete at the highest level.
- Gives athletes the structured supports to achieve their goals and ambitions.
- The Emerging Talent Programme maximises the resources available at the Mardyke Arena UCC and puts the selected athletes at the forefront of everything.
- Athletes will be monitored and assessed on an on-going basis with regular communication kept with all relevant parties (coach, parents, etc.)
To be eligible to apply for the Mardyke Arena UCC Emerging Talent Programme, applicants must;
- Be between 15 - 18 years of age
- Compete at a high level within your chosen sport
- Demonstrate a strong and ambitious mind-set
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 19th September 2018, with the next intake of emerging athletes commencing the programme in October 2018.
Following a short-listing process, applicants will be invited to interview on either 24th or 26th September. Applicants shortlisted for interview will be required to submit a supporting statement from an appropriately qualified and experienced individual or organisation (Coach, National Governing Body or Support staff) in advance of the interview.
For further information on the programme contact Nora Aherne, High Performance Manager, on 021 490 47 93 or firstname.lastname@example.org