Application Process Now Open for the Emerging Talent Programme 2019/2020
28th August 2019
The Mardyke Arena UCC, home to some of Ireland’s most aspiring athletes, invites athletes aged 15 - 18 to apply to the 2019/2020 Emerging Talent Programme.
The programme offers those eligible a specialised vehicle to fulfil their sporting potential through access to sports science, athletic development, performance psychology, nutrition and lifestyle support.
What the Emerging Talent Programme Offers?
- Develop athletes to maximize their physical performance and to compete at the highest level.
- Gives athletes the structured supports to achieve their goals and ambitions.
- The Emerging Talent Programme maximises the resources available at the Mardyke Arena UCC and puts the selected athletes at the forefront of everything.
- Athletes will be monitored and assessed on an on-going basis with regular communication kept with all relevant parties (coach, parents, etc.)
To be eligible to apply for the Mardyke Arena UCC Emerging Talent Programme, applicants must;
- Be between 15 - 18 years of age
- Compete at a high level within your chosen sport
- Demonstrate a strong and ambitious mind-set
Closing date for applications is Monday 16th September 2019, with the next intake of emerging athletes commencing the programme in October 2019.
Following a short-listing process, applicants will be invited to interview on either 23rd or 25th of September. Applicants shortlisted for interview will be required to submit a supporting statement from an appropriately qualified and experienced individual or organisation (Coach, National Governing Body or Support staff) in advance of the interview.
For further information on the programme contact Jeff Gomez, High Performance Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org