Emerging Talent Programme 2022 - Applications Now Open
8th November 2021
The Mardyke Arena UCC, home to some of Ireland’s most aspiring athletes, invites athletes aged 15-18 years to apply to the 2022 Emerging Talent Programme.
The programme offers those eligible a specialised vehicle to fulfil their sporting potential through access to sports science, athletic development, performance psychology, nutrition, lifestyle management and more.
What the Emerging Talent Programme Offers?
- Develop athletes to maximise their physical performance and to compete at the highest level.
- Gives athletes the structured supports to achieve their goals and ambitions.
- The Emerging Talent Programme maximises the resources available at the Mardyke Arena UCC and puts the selected athletes at the forefront of everything.
- Athletes will be monitored and assessed on an on-going basis with regular communication with all relevant parties (coach, parents, etc.)
To be eligible to apply for the Mardyke Arena UCC Emerging Talent Programme, applicants must:
- Be between 15 - 18 years of age
- Compete at a high level within your chosen sport
- Demonstrate a strong and ambitious mind-set
Closing date for applications is Friday 3rd December 2021, with the next intake of emerging athletes commencing the programme in January 2022.
Following a short-listing process, applicants will be invited to interview on either 6th or 8th December 2021. Applicants shortlisted for interview will be required to submit a supporting statement from an appropriately qualified and experienced individual or organisation (Coach, National Governing Body or Support staff) in advance of the interview.
For further information on the programme contact Jeff Gomez, High Performance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
UCC Sport & Cork's Red FM proudly supports the Emerging Talent Programme.