Bouldering is climbing at its most simple. No ropes – just a series of ‘problems’ starting with easy for beginners, through to intermediate up to seriously testing problems for the experienced climber.
The vertical wall is 25ft in height and has 4 lines of climbing offering a wide variety of styles. With grade from French 5a suitable for beginner’s right though to finger testing 7a’s. This section of the wall is always available for bottom roping.
The Mardyke wall has 9 lines of overhanging climbing to challenge all levels of climbers. Grades on the overhang are in the range from French 5c – 7b (approx).
- Pre-booking of sessions is essential. No walk ins allowed.
- All sessions will be 1 hour in duration. 8 maximum per session.
- To book a session on the wall, phone the Mardyke Arena UCC Reception on (021) 490 4751 to check availability.
- If you’d prefer a coaching session with an instructor to improve your technique, or to work on any aspect of your climbing – just ask the receptionist when you book in. You will have a one-hour session with an instructor doing a mixture of bouldering and roped climbing. Coaching sessions – Max 2 people.
If you are already an experienced climber, we will ask you to pass a competency test before you climb.
- We provide all equipment – harnesses, helmets, belay devices and carabineers.
- Chalk bags, chalk balls and finger tape are available for sale at reception.
|Climbing Classes||Adult – Member €8 / Non-Member €10 Child – Member €6 / Non-Member €8|
|Coaching Session||Adult –Member €10 / Non-Member €15
Child – Member €8 / Non-Member €10
Monday: 15:00 – 20:00
Tuesday: 15:00 – 20:00
Wednesday: 15:00 – 20:00
Saturday: 12:00 – 19:00 (Competent Climbers Only – No Bookings)
Sunday: 13:00 – 18:00 (Competent Climbers Only – No Bookings)