A relaxing swim, lane swimming, exercise in water or the challenge of learning to swim are just some of the opportunities that await you in our pools.
Code of Conduct Learner Pool Timetable Lane Timetable
The Mardyke Arena UCC offer the following facilities within the Swimming Pool:
- 25 meter x 6 lane Swimming Pool
- Children’s Swimming Pool
- Sauna & Steam Room
Please note that children (Under 17) may use pools up to 7:30pm in the evenings.
Members & Patrons should check swimming pool timetables for both pools as availability might be limited due to pool activities.
Swim Lane Etiquette
We aim to make the lane swim facility in the main pool as enjoyable as possible for all patrons. Please note the following:
- Lanes are for full length swimming only
- Swim in the direction of the lane signs
- Swim in the lane that best suits your ability
- Swimmers should stop to allow faster swimmers to overtake
- Swimmers resting or waiting should do so to one side
- Do not swim across lanes
- Do not lean on lane ropes as this poses a risk to other swimmers
- If unsure of use or etiquette, ask lifeguard on duty.
- Access to lane-swim should be determined by ability as determined by the lifeguard
The swim lane timetable is varied from time-time to accommodate other activities. Our aim is to provide all pool users with maximum access.