Adult & Children's Swimming Pools
Pre-Booking Essential - See Below
A relaxing swim, lane swimming, exercise in water or the challenge of learning to swim are just some of the opportunities that await you in our pools.
We have the following facilities available:
- 25 meter x 6 lane Swimming Pool
- Children's Swimming Pool
Please note that children (Under 17) may use pools up to 7:30pm in the evenings.
Patrons are reminded to check swimming pool timetable for both pools as availability may be limited due to pool activities
Swim Lane Etiquette
We aim to make the lane swim facility in the main pool as enjoyable as possible for all patrons. With this in mind please note the following:
- Lanes are for full length swimming only
- Swim in the direction of the lane signs
- Swim in the lane that best suits your ability
- Swimmers should stop to allow faster swimmers to overtake
- Swimmers resting or waiting should do so to one side
- Do not swim across lanes
- Do not lean on lane ropes as this poses a risk to other swimmers
- If unsure of use or etiquette ask lifeguard on duty.
- Access to lane-swim should be determined by ability as determined by the lifeguard
The swim lane timetable is varied from time-time in order to accommodate other activities. Our aim is to provide all pool users with maximum access.
Current Swim Lane Timetables are also posted in the Pool Entrance Lobby noticeboard.
- Swimmers must at all times adhere to calls and instructions given by staff
- All swimmers should shower before entering the pool, steam room or sauna
- Swimming hats must be worn at all times
- A supervising adult (17 or over) must accompany children under the age of 7 in the main pool at all times. They may remain on the learner pool deck in close proximity to supervise children under 7 in the learner pool
- Patrons must be 17 or over to use pool facilities after 19:30
- Children 12 years of age and under must have a parent / guardian in the facility at all times in case of emergency
- Snorkels, masks and fins are not permitted in the pool
- Aqua-joggers are not to be used without prior consent of the lifeguard on duty
- Inflatables other than arm bands, baby seats and baby rings are not permitted in the main pool at any time
- Children using baby seats must be accompanied by a swimming adult at all times
- Arm bands and baby rings are restricted to the learner pool and the shallow end in the main pool. Children should be supervised when using inflatables
- Members / patrons must not be present on the pool deck unless absolutely necessary and with the agreement of the lifeguard
- Mobile phones / recording equipment of any description are not permitted in the pool area without prior consent of the lifeguard on duty
- Outdoor footwear is not permitted on pool deck. Protective pool shoe covers must be worn
- Prams, buggies or children left unattended are not permitted on pool deck at any time
- Patrons should ensure that infants placed on the baby-changing units are fully supervised at all times
- No running on the poolside at any time
- No diving, jumping, bombing, somersaults, etc
- The pushing of pool staff into the pool is strictly forbidden
- Petting or inappropriate / offensive behaviour is not permitted in the pool area at any time
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted entry to the pool
- Weak / Non - swimmers should always remain inside their depth whilst in the pool
- Ball games are not permitted in the pool at any time other than by agreement with the Duty Manager on duty
- Smoking is not permitted on the premises of the Mardyke Arena at any time
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn at all times. Soiled swimwear, underwear and t-shirts are not permitted. Long sleeved swimwear may be worn if it is specialised swimwear
- Sharp objects must not be brought into the pool area, in particular razors or glass
- Young children should wear protective swim pants at all times (up to the age of 3)
- All swimmers should vacate the swimming pools promptly when signalled to do so by the pool staff
- Swimmers are not permitted to swim long distances underwater holding their breath or repeatedly duck under water
- Chewing gum is not permitted in the pool area
- Members / Patrons are not permitted to sit on the learner pool covers
- Members / Patrons should use the lockers provided to store belongings. The changing cubicles should be kept clear when not in use. Patrons may not leave their personal belongings on the pool deck
- Members / Patrons are limited to one person per cubicle, including shower cubicles, except in case of parents with children
- Members / Patrons are not permitted to teach swimming in the pool
- Teams are not permitted to use the pool
- Patrons / members should be courteous to other members and staff and not use inappropriate or offensive language in the Arena
- Members should observe Children’s Changing Policy - There are a number of individual changing cubicles in the pool area of the Mardyke Arena UCC. We also offer male and female group changing rooms in this area.
We would ask that female patrons with male children and vice-versa use the individual cubicles wherever possible as opposed to the group changing facilities.
This policy is intended to avoid any discomfort/embarrassment to patrons using the group changing rooms.
The quality of our pool water is held to a very high standard by maintaining a rigorous testing and hygiene management system. Our water quality is also routinely subjected to external testing and has been verified as being of consistently high standard.
Aqua-Joggers Now Available
The Aqua Jogger buoyancy belt comfortably suspends you at shoulder level in deep water allowing you to breathe normally and move freely while performing a wide variety of water exercises.
The Aqua Joggers are ideal for general exercise, keeping fit & rehabilitation.
Lifeguard on duty will show patron safe use of the Aqua Jogger.
Swimfit at the Mardyke Arena
Swimfit is the Mardyke Arena’s fitness exercise program for the pool. Swimfit aims to get the best out of you and your training due to the varied nature of the disciplines and strokes.
Swimfit is laid down in a step by step manner for ease of use and caters for varying levels of fitness by using consecutive programs that build by distance from 500m to 6000m.
Swimfit is a great way to continue your skill development after the swimming lesson program. For more information please ask the swim teachers or lifeguard on duty on poolside.
Steam Room & Sauna Guidelines
Booking in to the Swimming Pool - Pre Booking Only
Our facilities may only be used by our members by prebooking time slots online. Walk-ins will not be possible.
Booking opens 36 hours in advance of each time slot.
How to book?
Option 1 - Mardyke Arena UCC App
Should you have any queries, please contact MardykeArena@ucc.ie
Option 2 - Online via www.mardykearena.com
Booking is also available on our website. You will be able to create an account, register and book by Clicking Here
If you are experiencing any difficulties please contact Reception on 021 490 4751