The Mardyke Gym Experience
The Mardyke Arena UCC offers second to none variety and range of exercise and fitness equipment. The equipment at the Arena is Life Fitness, one of the top brands worldwide.
A plentiful supply of treadmills, steppers, cross trainers, bikes and rowers will help to provide a good aerobic workout while our resistance equipment and free weights area ensures that all levels of fitness and requirements are met by all users no matter when they train.
Our friendly, professional and fully qualified staff are on hand at all times to offer support, encouragement, advice and motivation. Feel free to call in and speak with one of our fitness instructors who will advise you as to how best to use our facilities to suit your own particular fitness needs.
Whether you are a complete newcomer to the fitness gym culture or a seasoned user you will find what you are looking for here at the Arena. We are very proud of the fact that existing users rate the friendliness and professionalism of Arena staff as their main reason for renewing membership/continuing patronage of the Arena facilities.
The Mardyke Arena offers its members the Fitlinxx Exercise Programme. This computerised programme is unique to only a small number of fitness gyms in Ireland. Once a member has been inducted on the Fitlinxx Programme the member will have their own personalised fitness programme & personal ID number and the member will be able to track his or her performance. Program up-dates are provided by staff on an on-going basis.
- Correct clothing and proper footwear must be worn at all times
- Carry and use a towel at all times
- Free up machines and benches between sets
- Replace equipment after use
- No bags, jackets or belongings allowed in the gym
- No mobile phones allowed in the gym
- No eating or chewing gum in the gym
- No dropping weights or barbells
- Unload bars after use
- Use spotters when lifting heavy weights
- Wipe down equipment after use