RLSS Life Saving Courses
The RLSS National Pool Lifegauard Qualification (8th Edition) will be held at the Mardyke Arena UCC during 2017.
|UCC Students €290|
A deposit of €100 is to be paid to confirm a place on the course and it is non-refundable in event of cancellation or non attendance.
Full payment must be made 1 week prior to course commencement or candidates place on course is forfeited.
6 places are reserved for students. If student places are not filled 2 weeks prior to course commencement they may be offered to members or public.
Upcoming Courses at the Mardyke Arena UCC
- Course 1: March 25th, April 1st, 8th, 15th & 22nd (10:00 - 19:00)
NPLQ Course Information and Syllabus
Over the course candidates will learn water rescue skills, the principles of pool lifeguarding, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, first aid at work and their application in the workplace. National Pool Lifeguard Qualification is valid for 2 years.
Candidates must be 16 years of age prior to commencement of course and meet the following basic fitness criteria:
- Jump/Dive into deep water
- Swim 50m in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100m continuously on front and back
- Tread water for 30 seconds in deep water
- Surface dive to the pool floor
- Climb out unaided without ladder / steps where the pool design permits
Bookings / Enquiries
To book your place please contact Reception on 021 490 4751